*Travel theme: Enlightened
*Travel theme: Enlightened
Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to learn my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award, by Alessia and Fabrizio, the authors of a lovely blog I’ve been recently following, Maple&Saffron.
Thank you, Alessia and Fabrizio! I recommend for my readers to check out this wonderful cooking and travel blog, by a couple who have immigrated to Canada from a country I adore, Italy.
Here are the rules for this award:
Okay, time to get down to business. Here are my random facts:
Here are my nominations, lovely blogs on some of my favourite topics. For those of you nominated who don’t do awards or don’t have time to participate, please know that I understand. For those who do, thank you for participating. Your questions to answer are after the nominations list.
It is with great honour and appreciation, that I once again accept an award nomination from one of my peers here at WordPress. Almost Spring has graciously nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award, saying that she found my blog “truly inspirational and of much variety.” The sweetheart! I am touched by her nomination. I urge you to check out her blog which is all about her painful, yet brave journey from “we” to “me”, as her marriage ended. Her experience certainly struck a chord with me.
Versatile? Yes, I suppose my blog is a reflection of my many moods and passions since I started it at the end of 2011. And who better to know what a blogger goes through and deals with every week, than another blogger? Who better can identify with the sometimes frightening task of putting yourself out there, and daring to show your vulnerable side to whomever may happen upon your poems and musings?
In keeping, somewhat, with the award rules, I will share seven random things about me, followed by a list of seven blogs I follow and suggest you try as well.
1. I wrote a teen romance novel when I was 15 (a second novel should happen any year now! ).
2. I feel more spiritual in the natural outdoors than I ever have inside a church.
3. I have one daughter and one son, all grown now. And I am immensely proud of them both.
4. Sometimes I feel like I’ve lived several different lives.
5. I am most definitely an introvert.
6. I’ve always been a night person, not a morning person (will this change as I get older, I wonder? I hope??).
7. When I was a child, my dad called me a little Question Mark because I was always asking “why?” and “how come?” I think I’ve retained that curiosity about life (maybe I’m simply nosy).
Here is my list of lovely and versatile nominees, in no particular order:
– published author, freshly pressed, lively posts on a variety of topics
– advice and observations from a life coach
– a good writer and talented poet
– fashion, art, and other pretty things
– inspiring and original poetry
– lovely writing, good advice, and freshly pressed twice (only twice, right?)
– travel adventures by a couple of fellow Newfoundlanders, and now brand-new parents
These are not all that I follow out there in the blogosphere; I am also subscribed to a few breathtakingly lovely photography and travel blogs, and two inspirational quote blogs. Occasionally I check out food blogs too.