As anyone with a blog or a website knows, people online can find or happen upon our blogs using a variety of search terms. Some of those terms that have popped up on my blog admin section are logical and understandable, some are pretty strange, and still some others are downright funny.
I’ll start with a few of the logical search terms. My followers – at least the minuscule few who’ve visited since the beginning – will understand how these terms led searchers to Jennifer’s Journal:
- Jennifer Kelland Perry, Jennifer Kelland – moi, the most logical
- cats at the ocean
- cat ice
- tentative cat
- cats exploring – yes indeedy, you will find cats, ocean and ice here
- Newtown, Newfoundland – where?
- Maisie and Vivian – and what are the cats’ names?
Then the cat theme begins to get humorous:
- cat on an iceberg
- fancy words for purr
- jennifer with cat eyes
- jennifer feline eyes
- french jennifer cat eyes
Some other topics are right on the money:
- polar bears in Newfoundland – a popular topic, only once for this blog
- speciesism rant – one of my very few rants
- pictures of patch quilt on clothesline – beautiful Greenspond
- little boy working on car – our grandson
- you are my one and only blog – ❤
- first date journal – ❤
- Jennifer in varadero – Cuba!
- heart turned cold quotes – I did pen a dark poem once…
- journaling about bitterness – okay, twice!
- reasons of dreams and meaning of dreams, see sleeping mouse in dream – because I put the word dream in a couple of my titles, I’m guessing
- menopause feel like a furnace, perry menopause symptoms, hot flash journaling, internal combustion menopause – a topic of great concern out there, apparently, though I only blogged about it once
- very cute images of love peace and understanding – but all they found were Nick Lowe and Elvis Costello!
- Jennifer’s progress – my novel, the sequel? inquiring minds want to know
- famous Jennifers in fiction – not me, but…maybe…someday?
Still giggling at the rest below. You will not find anything about the following topics in my blog:
- having guy visitors in winter – shhh, don’t tell Paul!
- cat foot ptarmigan – a new cross-breed?
- scarlet woman – just call me the whore of Babylon
- iceberg smelling – hold on: is that a thing??
- Jennifer is a racist blog – yikes! I swear you’ve got the wrong blog!
And my personal favourite:
- Jennifer Kelland Perry the platypus
Turns out there is an explanation for this one.
I just learned about this fellow when I did a search.
And there you have it. Someone looking for a platypus found me.
Have any funny or odd search terms from your blog to share?
Fess up in the comments below. 🙂