At last, Calmer Girls II: Calmer Secrets is finished. Yippee!
What I mean by finished is that it is out of my hands and into my first readers’ hands. Once I receive feedback and make any changes from their suggestions (and eagle eyes), the manuscript will be submitted to my editor.
Because I’ve been consumed recently with its completion, many things have fallen by the wayside around here. So I need to take a breather.
What I mean by taking a breather is not exactly a breather at all, except when it comes to my blog. I must begin getting my surroundings back in ship-shape: tackle the freakishly giant dust bunnies multiplying as I type this, start digging into the mountain of laundry piled up from neglect, and get busy on dozens of other tasks I’ve been actively ignoring.
Once I see I’m making headway, I’ll be back! In the meantime, below is the info for the upcoming Signing Event in my area. Also there’s only one week left until the Calmer Girls Paperback Giveaway ends. You can enter for your chance to win here.
Does anyone (~ GROAN ~) despise housework as much as I do? 😦
I was quite pleased and flattered this week when one of my fellow bloggers nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award”. She is carlarenee45, one of the bloggers that I subscribe to, and I am honoured to be on her list as well. Unfortunately, I’m having trouble with our internet connection these past two weeks so I had to write this from our local library. With any luck, I should be back up and running by next week. At that time I will respond to the nomination in more detail, and suggest some favourite blogs of mine. But in keeping with the rules of being nominated, here are seven random things about me that I’d like to share.
1. I have the curliest hair you probably ever saw. It drives me nuts.
2. I became a mom at the tender age of eighteen.
3. I love interior decorating magazines.
4. I have arthritis, but if I don’t exercise regularly, I feel worse.
5. I love a clean tidy house, but I hate housework. Wish I had a maid…
6. I’m one of those oddballs that loves liver and onions.
7. When I was 14, I read “Everything you Wanted to Know About Sex (but Were Afraid to Ask)”, when I was babysitting at my teacher’s house. Quite an education (and probably explains number 2)!
My honey and I are off to Varadero, Cuba in the morning, so for the next week I won’t be on the internet very often. Ta ta for now, and we’ll catch up real soon.