Unless a major catastrophe strikes our world between now and February third, I can pretty much guarantee where my husband will be this coming Sunday. That’s right, he’ll be cheering for the San Francisco 49ers as they compete against the Baltimore Ravens in the Forty-Seventh Super Bowl football game, and I will be cheering alongside him.
But what makes this particular game so significant for us? Well, there are a few reasons. For me, the game itself is – dare I say it – secondary. Not being a huge sports fan of any stripe, I’ll be taking part to enjoy the following:
1. The Half-time Show with Beyoncé. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing this lovely lady perform, and I don’t even care if she lip-syncs.
2. The delicious and obligatory Super Bowl snacks. Can’t wait to dig into the colossal batch of Super Nachos I am planning to prepare, and the Super Spicy Chicken Wings that, of course, must accompany them. My mouth is watering already, just writing about it.
3. And we must not forget the ice-cold beer to wash it all down!
4. Sooky baby Tom Brady will be nowhere to be seen. Even though I’ll be rooting for the 49ers, I’d love to give the Ravens a pat on the back for eliminating Mr. Ego and his ilk from the Championship.
5. But the fifth and the biggest reason the game is so special this year? It is an Anniversary of sorts for my husband and me. You see, 1994 was the year we met and started dating. And I soon found out what an avid, longtime fan of football my new man was, when the season started that year. Being stuck-like-glue-to-each-other-in-love, I was quickly initiated, and even dragged into a big-screen pub two weeks before the Super Bowl to witness San Francisco eliminate the Dallas Cowboys.
And wouldn’t you know it, in that first magical year for us, his beloved 49ers won the Super Bowl (January 1995). This is the first time, in the eighteen years since, that San Francisco is getting another shot at the Championship. Can they do it again?
Honestly, it doesn’t make a heck of a lot of difference to me, personally.
But it would be kind of special to see a victory dance, and that victory smile again, on the face of the man I love.
- Superbowl ready (blahblahbirds.wordpress.com)
- Super Bowl XLVII – All You Need To Know… (girlsportalk.wordpress.com)
6 thoughts on “Why Super Bowl Sunday is So Special this Year”
Go 49ers go! I hope you and the man you love have an awesome Sunday!
Diana, sounds like you’re a football fan! Thank you, sweetie. xo
no I’m not! But I’m a fan of LOVE!
A Fan of Love! Well put. Sounds like a pop song..lol 😉
cool post, sounds like a great day = )
It sure is shaping up to be! Win or lose, lol. Thank you so much, and please stop by again. 🙂